POPULAR SCIENCE Giant Springy Large Metal Coiled Helix Toy, Silver
SALE PRICE: £12.00
- STRETCHY SPRING TOY: Twice the size for twice the fun. High quaity and extremely robust when fully stacked the coil measures 9cm in diameter and 11 cm high.
- SUPER-SIZE YOUR PLAY: Performs a number of fun tricks. Jumps from hand to hand or watch it tumble down the stairs and spring from table tops as it stretches and re-forms itself with only the aid of gravity and its own momentum.
- CLASSIC CHILDHOOD TOY: Tip it over the stairs and watch it walk end-over-end in a mesmerising fluid motion. Stimulating sensory play – strike the spring to create a laser gun sound effect.
- STEM LEARNING FROM POULAR SCIENCE – Slinky’s and similar springs can be used to show the principles of Hooke’s law, to simulate the properties of waves and to demonstrate the effects of gravity.
- FUN FOR ALL AGES: Children and Adults, Boys and Girls alike will love this super metal coiled spring! Suitable for Ages 5 and Over.
- OFFICIAL POULAR SCIENCE MERCHANDISE- Authorised and licensed by Bonnier Consumer Products
Blast down the stairs, jumps from your hands, springs from table tops and much more.
This is a pre-compressed helical spring, that can perform a number of tricks, most famously travelling down a flight of steps end-over-end as it stretches and re-forms itself with the aid of gravity and its own momentum. It can also appear to levitate for a period of time after it has been dropped, and make spooky sound effects!
As well as being a classic toy, the design has appeared in the classroom as a teaching tool, in wartime as a radio antenna, and has even been used by NASA in zero-gravity physics experiments. It can be used to show the principles of Hooke’s law, to simulate the properties of waves and demonstrate the effects of gravity.
Popular Science publication has been a leading source of science and technology since its inception in 1872. The Popular Science range of toys, gifts and gadgets are designed to promote learning in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics) and include information with each product that relates how they work or what they do to the science around us and in our everyday lives.
Warning. Not suitable for children under 36 months. Choking Hazard. Small Parts.
|Dimensions:||7.87 x 7.87 x 10.67 cm; 360 Grams|
|Age:||5 – 100 years|